Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Who put the B in the Ballyhoo by Caryln Beccia

As soon as I lifted this book from it's neatly arranged pile at Barnes and Noble I fell in love. It's full of color and wonder that immediately brings out that child smile inside. I had to get it for my girls! No question! Their eyes had circus stars shining in them as we enjoyed the pictures as much as the circus advertisements. And there is reading that the adult can enjoy on each page about interesting circus history and facts. I happened to find this just before our trip to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus, which was an invaluable cherished time for me and my kids. But this wonderful little book takes you to a circus that only exists now between the covers of books. I'm so glad to say that I've been there...won't you go too?

jlw

No comments: