Friday, March 28, 2008

The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coehlo



This is a tale. Just like any Paulo Coehlo novel, a really good tale. It is as deep as the blue on it's cover. I might be partial here in this review. First, I am a Coehlo fan, second I have been searching out certain forgotten and ancient pieces of worship, something I am driven to do, for nearly three years. This book happened to be one of the links in bringing understanding to some of the misatched pieces of information I have, like many other books have been. I loved the main character, I loved the plot, and though the ending is given away in the first chapter, still I loved the ending and found it surprising. After reading this it has taken me awhile to pick up a new novel, it leaves so much on your mind, so much to sort out that you can't really just pick up the next thing. Really a good story, heartfelt, motivates you to search out your own spirit and what connects you to it with out lectures and sermons and a map that says there is only one way. There is a lot of liberation in this book, it is bound to rub off on it's reader.

jlw

No comments: