Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kenny and the Dragon by Tony DiTerlizzi


Yes, it was fabulous. Tony DiTerlizzi is the owner of the fascinating imagination that brought us the Spiderwick Chronicles co-authored with Holly Black. Here he goes solo, and what a beautiful melody it is. I just love this little story and I know my dragon-loving daughter will find it perfect. A good moral story for kids, a brave story for kids and such a reminder for adults about how important it is to be open-minded, to listen to our children's tender hearts once in a while, to let go of "grown-up" reality and just maybe, step out on a thin wavering limb to reach that moist juicy apple...the sweetnes of life.
I recommend this to all ages, all genders. I truly enjoyed it. DiTerlizzi has scripted his name onto my all-time fav' authors list.
J.L.Wills

No comments: